March is the month that Adders come out of hibernation and is the best time to see them as they emerge from their dens. Yesterday I looked for Adders at a site I know on the edge of some woodland and photographed a couple of them basking in the sun. The Guardian featured one of the images in its round up of the week in wildlife. The Adder is the only venomous snake in Britain but is quite harmless unless caught or trodden on (definately to be avoided!). They are actually very shy and will slither back into the undergrowth at the slightest disturbance. Adders can be distinguished from other snakes by the zigzag pattern on their back. Click on an image below to see the slideshow.
The wonderful people at 10:10 want a 500 word memo on a vision for the organisation in 2011. 10:10 is a movement of people, schools, businesses and organisations cutting their carbon 10% at a time. As someone who previously campaigned for Greenpeace on climate change and has run other high profile environmental campaigns I thought I would give it a go. Here is my memo. READ MORE
On wednesday to celebrate Chatter Matters Week mums, dads and children from Stratford Childrens Centre took singing, storytelling and dancing out onto the streets of Stratford. I went along with my little girl Georgia. We visited Morrisons supermarket, Cafe Nero, Shakespeare’s Birthplace and the library. The idea behind Chatter Matters Week is simple : talking, being face to face, repeating words, speaking slowly and joining in their play helps children talk. The Royal Shakespeare Company has also supported Chatter Matters Week putting on activities and workshops that encourage families to learn, play and talk together. It was great fun and a big thank you to Corrin and Alex who organised the day. Click on an image below to see the slideshow.
Subscribe to my blog
- As our #HenHarriers head back to the uplands for breeding season, I hope they avoid the persecution that haunts them https://t.co/RO73B7iaiA,
- Hi @ChrisGPackham as a naturalist & dog lover thought you'd be interested in this blog by Elliott Dowding in… https://t.co/wW2xCqdBML,
- RT @decappeal: 800,000 children are severely malnourished. You can help save a life. Don't delay, donate: https://t.co/nVBxqf2uYp… https://t.co/IdSFIQLgYr,
- RT @decappeal: Supporters have been "out in the parishes, getting the message across" John Birchenough, @CAFOD… https://t.co/5tV6bqUEe7,
- RT @decappeal: For the cost of a meal, you could help make sure vulnerable children survive. Don't delay, donate:… https://t.co/xh4RxzQDuH,